Please read all of these terms and conditions.
As we accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 0141 429 1874.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or You). We are FURNITURE STORES GLASGOW LTD whose trading is Allans Furniture a company registered in Scotland under number FURNITURE STORES GLASGOW LTD whose registered office is at 59-61 WALLACE STREET, TRADESTON, GLASGOW , G5 8DJ with email address email@example.com; telephone number 0141 429 1874; (the Supplier or us or we)
- These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside their trade, business, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
- Delivery Location means the Supplier premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for the future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer’s order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
- Private Policy means the terms which set out how we will deal with confidential and personal information received from you via the Website;
- Website means our website allansfurniture.com on which the Goods are advertised.
- The description of the Goods is set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
- In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We retain and use all information strictly under the Private Policy.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the sale of the Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
- Any quotation is valid for am maximum period of 7 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
- We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
- The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- Price and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
- We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location as quick as we can and as close to approximate delivery times given. This can of course vary depending on lead times throughout the year.
- Please ensure you have the space/size for goods to be delivered into the location. We will of course deliver the good but the space for access is the responsibility of the customer.
- If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods.
- We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland. If however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay the import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
- You agree we may deliver the goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges
- If you or your nominee fails, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the delivery Location, we may charge for the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
- The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection.
Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you once the Goods are delivered to you
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can chose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned to you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
- You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
Right to Cancel
- Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions) the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post or email). You can use the attached model cancellation for, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01414291874 top confirm your cancellation.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
- Expect as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including costs of delivery (expect for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us)
Deduction for Goods supplied
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop)
Timing for reimbursement
- If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make a reimbursement without undue delay; and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive it back from you any Goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide the evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
- If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which e are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event , you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at 59-61 WALLACE STREET, TRADESTON, GLASGOW G5 8DJ without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before this period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
- For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights these words have the following meanings:
Distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded
Sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its objects.
Conformity and Guarantee
- We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have confirmed if it does not meet the following obligation.
- Upon delivery, the Goods will:
- Be of a satisfactory quality
- Be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgement) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract
- Confirm to their description
- It is not a failure to confirm if the failure has its origin in your materials.
- We will immediately, or within a reasonable time, give you the benefit of the free guarantee given by the manufacturer of the Goods. Details of the guarantee, including the name and address of the manufacturer, the duration and territorial scope of the guarantee, are set out in the manufacturer’s guarantee provided with the Goods. This guarantee will take effect at the time the Goods are delivered, and will not reduce your legal rights.
- We will provide the following after-sales service: Contact us on email@example.com or phone us on 0141 429 1874
Successors and our sub-contractors
- Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties/
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- The party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable: and
- The party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that party will act reasonably; and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
- Your Privacy is crucial to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regards to your personal information.
- These Terms and Conditions should be read alongside, and are in addition to our policies, including our private policy and cookies policy.
- For the purposes if these Terms and Conditions:
- ‘Data Protection Law’ means any applicable law relating to processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the GDPR.
- ‘GDPR’ means the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
- ‘Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
- Before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- We will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
- We will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
- We will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
- For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Supplier does not exclude liability for (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer’s business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer – because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of Scotland
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland or, where the Customer lives in England and Wales or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively England and Wales or Northern Ireland.
- We try avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way:
If any goods are faulty; unfit for purpose you may return them within 14 days and get a full refund. After 14 days and up to 1 year we can replace faulty goods, goods unfit for purpose or as not described. We reserved the right to choose whether to repair or replace goods. If the repair or replacement is unsuccessful you are entitled to a full refund.
FURNITURE STORES GLASGOW LTD
59-61 WALLACE STREET
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: 0141 429 1874